|The original hat|
|The replacement hat|
Alec used to have a blue hat with red wings on it. He sadly lost it on the subway in New York a few years ago. For his birthday he wanted a replacement. Instead of trying to search one out, I made him a replacement since I love to knit. I knit the cap out of blue wool yarn and made the wings out of red cotton flocked fabric. I only had one reference photo of the original but it was most likely made of double layers of acrylic yarn. Instead of making it double, I made the whole thing in a 1x1 rib knit. So both inside and out it looks the same, and it's stretchy and comfy. I think I did a decent job mimicking the original but also making it a custom hat.