The original size of the bag is about 12x12", which is a fine size and will fit an LP or two, but a little small for me to use on a regular basis.
Luckily, since I collect fabric I had a forest green cotton canvas that complemented the colors in the print and the minty green fabric of the bag.
I ripped the seams apart on the original bag with the plan to add the dark green cotton fabric to the sides, ending up with a new bag size of 17 inches wide by 14 inches deep with a flat bottom.
Since I was already ripping this whole thing apart I decided to add a little interior pocket with a zipper for my wallet.
When I make things for myself I freely add all sorts of found things that have been sitting around for a long time. I added this ant ranch patch and some ric rac to the interior pocket.
I didn't have enough of the minty green straps to just attach them back so I made longer straps from the forest green canvas adding a gold lamé stripe and more purple ric rac.
I folded the bottom in to make a flat base, giving the bag some depth.
If you fold the bottom before you sew the side seam you can catch the base. Sew up the sides. I wanted to keep as much height from the original bag as possible so I create a facing to finish off the top edge instead of folding over the top to make a hem. I also added an interior loop that I can clip my keys onto.
The finished bag now holds about 20 records, not something I carry around often but it helps explain the size change.